Sources in this library
Bermuda introduces guidance on independent contractors
The continuing development of the gig economy and the increased use of remote working following the pandemic has presented challenges for determining the true nature of working relationships. This determination is critical for businesses. Misclassification of workers as independent contractors or consultants can lead to significant consequences. Properly classifying workers is critical in determining whether a worker will be entitled to the benefits and protections of the Employment Act 2000 ("EA 2000") and to certain other obligatory benefits like health insurance or pensions. Please see full Guide below for more information.
- Comparison Of Laws In Bermuda, The Cayman Islands And The British Virgin Islands Relating To Offshore Companies
- Winding Up An ILS Vehicle Should Be As Seamless As Its Creation: Ocorian Law's Charleson
- Bermuda Regulatory Outlook 2023
- Bermuda Public Companies Update, Winter 2023
- British Virgin Islands Funds
- Bermuda Businesses: Are You Ready To Comply With Our New Privacy Rules?
- Home Transfers Within A Family Still Incur Taxes In Bermuda
- Podcast: Bermuda's Imminent Privacy Law
- Arbitration Trumps: Bermuda Court Confirms Pro-arbitration Approach